Cosmetic surgery of the lips and mouth
The mouth is an essential element in the sensuality of the face. A fleshy mouth, harmoniously hemmed and drawn lips are necessarily much more attractive than a thin mouth and thin lips which give a colder and more severe impression.
Cosmetic lip and mouth surgery operations are:
– lip augmentation in cosmetic surgery of the face and aesthetic medicine: today it is essentially done by injections either of the patient’s own fat or of the help of reticulated hyaluronic acid
– the lifting of the upper lip or Lips lifting … an important act in the rejuvenation of the face.
-lip commissure lift
Today, lip surgery is essentially reserved for reducing the volume of lips that are too thick, the scars being located inside the mouth.
Facial surgery Lips Mouth
- Increase in volume of the lips by Lipofilling
- The increase in volume of the lips in surgery and aesthetic medicine is done today mainly by injections.
- Lipofilling of the lips: the increase in volume of the lips by re-injection of the patient’s own fat
- lipofilling, lipo structure, lipoplasty, S. Coleman fat grafting technique, fat transfer,
- these injections of the patient’s own fat give long-lasting results but require an initial over correction that will last several weeks.
- Indeed, the mouth being very mobile, part of the fat provided will not “take” and will be eliminated.
- Increase in lip volume by injections of cross-linked hyaluronic acid
Injections of cross-linked hyaluronic acid into the lips allow lip remodeling on demand with the creation of curves and harmonious volumes in an extremely flexible way.
The injection of hyaluronic acid in surgery and aesthetic medicine is done very simply in the office under local anesthesia. Swelling, bruising are always possible but in the vast majority of cases, there is no problem to go about your business the next day.
There is a balance of volumes to be respected between the upper and lower lip, the lower lip having to be slightly more everted and voluminous than the upper.
This increase in volume and remodeling of the lips is often done in young subjects with lips that are too thin or poorly defined, but also during the aging of the face where we often find a gradual loss of volume of the lips with the appearance of vertical wrinkles ( especially on the upper lip) in “rays of sunshine”, wrinkles that can be filled in at the same time.
The duration of the effect is about one year. Hyaluronic acid being a natural constituent of the human body (here obtained by synthesis in the laboratory), intolerance reactions are exceptional.
Substances other than hyaluronic acid can be used, but for Dr. Christian MARINETTI, cross-linked hyaluronic acid offers the most reliable results and the best tolerance.
Today, so-called “long-lasting” injectable products should no longer be used because of the severe inflammatory reactions they may have caused.
Upper lip lift or Lips lift
The upper lip lift or Lips lift … an important act in the rejuvenation of the face.
The lips have two parts: a normally smooth white vertical part and a red, fleshy transverse part whose curves give all its harmony to the mouth.
During aging the upper lip may stretch downward; its white part lengthens while its red part gets thinner fading inward: Lengthening white lip and thinning red lip give an aging look to the whole face and deserve to be recognized and treated.
To do this, a strip of skin several millimeters wide is removed at the base of the nose; the scar is very fine and almost invisible, located in the groove under the nostrils and then inside the nostrils; it then passes to the other side under the base of the nose. The upper lip is thus lifted and appears shorter, its red part is everted and becomes fleshy again. The rejuvenating effect obtained is most often major and the entire face benefits.
Lifting of the corners of the lips
The labial commissures are suspended between levator muscles (zygomatic muscles: muscles of smile and cheerfulness) and lowering muscles (triangular muscles of the lips: muscles of bitterness and sadness).
Over time, the labial commissures tend to descend giving a tired and sad look to the face.
In 1999, Dr. Christian Marinetti described and published in the USA a technique for lifting the commissures of the lips everywhere today in the world: this technique allows the mouth to release the lowering muscles of the commissures.
Leave a Reply